Astrology, study of the stars, is a group of systems, traditions, and beliefs in which knowledge of the relative positions of celestial bodies and related details was being held to be useful in understanding, interpreting, and organizing information about personality, human affairs, and other terrestrial matters.
Later, astrology and astronomy began to go off in different directions; Astronomy became one of the central sciences while astrology was more and more viewed as an occult science.
There are many different kinds of astrology such as: Arab and Persian, Chinese, Indian, Hellenistic , Egyptian/Mediterranean, Western, Babylonian/Assyrian, Islamic, Jewish, Mayan, etc. Here i mention relationship between the zodiac system and Iranian/Persian calendar. You can also find your sign and leave it in comments.
What’s your sign?
– Aries (The Ram) (March 21st to April 20th) (fire, cardinal, personal): Keyword: “I am”. Freedom-loving, assertive, individualistic, independent, intellectual, pioneering, leader, action-oriented, fiery, straightforward, passionate, powerful. Can be extreme, arrogant, intemperate, violent, headstrong, impulsive.
– Taurus (The Bull) (April 21st to May 21st) (earth, fixed, personal): Keyword: “I have”. Resourceful, thorough, devoted, patient, sensual, affectionate, cautious, musical, artistic, solid, earthy, strong, sturdy, kind. Can be slow, possessive, stubborn, acquisitive, indulgent.
– Gemini (The Twins) (May 22nd to June 23rd) (air, mutable, personal): Keyword: “I think”. Logical, inquisitive, lively, active, curious, multi-tasking, talkative, sociable, duality, mercurial, whimsical. Can be superficial, two-faced, inconstant, restless, impulsive, headstong, stubbborn.
– Cancer (The Crab) ( June 24th to July 22nd) (water, cardinal, personal): Keyword: “I feel”. Protective, sensitive, tenacious, family and home oriented, helpful, nurturing, watery, emotional, loving. Can be crabby, clinging, moody, worrying, pessimistic.
– Leo (The Lion) (July 23rd to August 22nd) (fire, fixed, social): Keyword: “I will”. Generous, proud, theatrical , passionate, sunny, bright, kingly, powerful, loves attention, dramatic, independent, noble, creative, leader. Can be arrogant, bossy, boastful, egotistic, snobbish.
– Virgo (The Virgin) (August 23rd to September 22nd) (earth, mutable, social): Keyword: “I analyze”. Practical, efficient, critical, work and service oriented, common sense, modest, health conscious, mentally active, helpful, flexible. Can be pedantic, fussy, over-critical, worrying, over fastidious.
– Libra (The Scales) (September 23rd to October 23rd) (air, cardinal, social): Keyword: “I balance”. Co-operative, diplomatic, urbane, fair, needs partnerships, refined, balanced, graceful, charming, debative, just, open-minded, social. Can be lazy, indecisive, dull, rationalizing.
– Scorpio (The Scorpion) (October 24th to November 21st) (water, fixed, social): Keyword: “I desire”. Passionate, secretive, powerful, keenly perceptive, deep, complex, analytical, inquisitive, resourceful, magnetic, intense, hypnotic, sexual, perspicacious, creative, vigorous, untameable, ambitious. Can be jealous, controlling, possessive, aggressive, cunning, cruel.
– Sagittarius (The Archer) (November 22nd to December 21st) (fire, mutable, universal): Keyword: “I perceive”. Freedom loving, straightforward, extrovert, philosophical, intellectual, fun-loving, arrogant, adventurous, expansive, optimistic. Can be blundering, scattered, careless, jealous, too-serious, tactless.
– Capricorn (The Sea-goat) (December 22nd to January 19th) (earth, cardinal, universal): Keyword: “I use”. Prudent, cautious, patient, methodical, practical, reserved, ambitious, authoritative, competent. Can be saturnine, suspicious, rigid, cunning, over-cautious, pessimistic.
– Aquarius (The Water Carrier) (January 20th to February 18th) (air, fixed, universal): Keyword: “I know”. Democratic, unconventional, detached, friendship oriented, humanitarian, cause-oriented, believes in the group, society, progressive, sophisticated, objective. Can be eccentric, elitist, dogmatic, aloof.
– Pisces (The Fishes) (February 19th to March 20th) (water, mutable, universal) : Keyword: “I believe”. Imaginative, sensitive, compassionate, feeling, idealistic, spiritual, accepting, undiscriminating, creative, mystic, self-sacrificing, artistic. Can be impractical, neglectful, escapist, lazy, distracted.
Interesting that Iranian Calendar is exactly based on this system. Mean in Iranian calendar every sign is a month. Iranian calendar is a Solar calendar began numbering years in AH 17 (638 CE), regarding the first year as the year of Muhammad(PBUH) ‘s emigration from Mecca to Medina. It’s divided to 365 days, 12 months and 4 season. In the way that every season contains 3 months.
The calendar became rearranged by Omar Khayyám , well-known poet and Astronomer. More accurate than the Gregorian Calendar , Iranian Calendar is included the most accurate computation of the solar year.
Iranian new year is started in first day of Spring-March 21st. Every four years, one day will be added to last month -Esfand- and it changes from 29 to 30 days, so that the calendar will remain accurate.
Farvardin: (31 days) March 21st to April 20th
Ordibehesht: (31 days) April 21st to May 21st
Khordad: (31 days) May 22nd to June 23rd
Tir: (31 days) June 24th to July 22nd
Mordad: (31 days) July 23rd to August 22nd
Shahrivar: (31 days) August 23rd to September 22nd
Mehr: (30 days) September 23rd to October 23rd
Aban: (30 days) October 24th to November 21st
Azar:(30 days) November 22nd to December 21st
Dey: (30 days) December 22nd to January 19th
Bahman: (30 days) January 20th to February 18th
Esfand: (29 or 30 days) February 19th to March 20th
I was born on May 1st. Based on Iranian Calendar it’s Ordibehesht 11th. You can also find out your birthday in Iranian Calendar. Meanwhile,Iranian New Year is on the way.